17 - 21 September 2012, Grand Hotel Union, Ljubljana, Slovenia
The "World Engineering Forum 2012" (WEF 2012) will be held on 17-21 September 2012, in Ljubljana, Slovenia organized by the World Federation of Engineering Organisations (WFEO) and the Slovenian Chamber of Engineers (IZS). The co-organizers are the European Council of Civil Engineers, World Council of Civil Engineers, the European Council of Engineers Chambers and the Green Building Council Slovenia.
The WEF 2012 will be accompanied by:
• the annual meeting of the World Federation of Engineering Organisations (WFEO) Executive Council;
• meetings of WFEO Committees; and
• a combined Presidents’ meeting of seven major engineering organisations: the World Federation of Engineering Organisations (WFEO), the European Council of Engineers Chambers (ECEC), the European Council of Civil Engineers (ECCE), the European Federation of Engineering Consultancy Associations (EFCA), the European Construction Industry Federation (FIEC), the European Federation of National Engineering Associations (FEANI) and the European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI).
There will also be a particular focus on Young Engineers for whom a special programme will be prepared together with the WFEO Young Engineers/Future Leaders Committee.
A few hundred participants, engineers, politicians, researchers, scientists and entrepreneurs from all over the world will present and exchange their opinions about sustainable construction, a major challenge of the 21 century. Special attention will be paid to the following topics:
• Energy Efficient Buildings
• Renewable Energy Systems
• Environmentally Friendly Construction
• Living and Working Comfort
• Sustainable Architecture Inspired by Nature
• Green Building
• Recycling, reusing, rethinking
• Advanced technologies in the construction industry with BIM
There is no doubt that the forum will be a memorable and valuable experience from professional and business points of view.
Under the leadership of the WFEO President Mr. Adel Al Kharafi and the coordination of our Slovenian Colleagues (IZS President Mr. Crotomir Remec and IZS Secretary General Mrs. Barbara Skraba Flis) the whole event is carefully organized with a very interesting accompanying programme with parallel social, cultural events, excursions, etc. in the lovely Ljubljana and in its great area.
Please for more information and registrations visit the forum’s official website www.wef2012.si.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
Ms. Polona Okretic
Slovenian Chamber of Engineers
Jarska cesta 10b
01.02.2012 :: Print Page